Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter wouldn't be Easter....

if we were not at Grandma Johnnies home and riding a horse. Life is good. Noramally we are at Uncle Alan's home but this year we went back to where we have all hunted eggs. Where we have all eaten lots of wonderful food and where our family knows that they are loved. Grandma Johnnie instilled in us much more than eggs and candy by that family is important but not as important than Jesus Christ. She prayed before every meal that we would know her Lord, before it was ever lasting too late. I believe that she smiled this afternoon as her family came together once again. I smiled as Abby and Ethan hunted eggs near that front porch much like I did many times. I even tried to take Jeremy and Ethan to the "snake hole" where we all learned to swim. As the years have gone by the trees and brush have grown up so much it is nearly impossible to get to now. What fun times though to climb down the bluffs to get to the snake hole to cool off in the summer. Not one single time that I am aware of did anyone get bit or see a snake for that matter. As the time goes by those memories become a part of me, a part of who I am and who I have become. I love that family is so important to us. I love that though we are all so very different and live very different lives, our family has a single thread that ties us all together and that would be Grandma. Thank you Grandma for teaching us to love each other and to love the Lord.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: